Do Not Miss These Local Events
This summer is heating up, and so is the social scene in Las Vegas. Even if you have already sampled all of the fun the strip has to offer, here are a couple of summer events off the beaten path that can help you spice up the last month of the season. Mark your calendar for these two local happenings to make the most of August in Las Vegas!
- Reggae at The Pond: Whether you are a longtime reggae lover or are just looking for great music to kick back to, this weekly event is the perfect place to head on Friday evening. The Pond at Green Valley Ranch plays host to weekly reggae brought to you by Band of Bruddahs. This talented band will be playing every Friday night from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the local oasis. Do not worry that the day will not have cooled off by 6:00; you can always take a cooling dip in the pool! There is no cover at this 21 and over event, and buckets of Bud or Bud Light will be available for $25.
- Fabulous Friday at Emerald Downs: On Friday, August 7th, wear your Fab Friday shirt to get free admission to Emerald Downs for Live Racing Friday! Gates will open about thirty minutes before the first race, and post time is 6:45 p.m. It will also be Brew Night, so beer specials will be starting at 6:00 p.m. at the beer garden conveniently situated at track level!
We hope you have a great time at these local events! For all of your insurance needs so you can enjoy your summer stress-free, contact All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas. Our team of dedicated agents is here to put the right coverage in place for you, just call us today!
Your Guide To Getting Your Claims Check
After an incident that has you calling on your insurance coverage, all you will want to do is get life back to normal. Whether you are looking for money to cover the repairs your car needs or hoping for a check to reimburse the huge dent in your bank account after covering your own medical bills, it is no surprise that you will want to get your claim fulfilled as quickly as possible. Here are a few tips for getting your insurance claim paid right away.
- Give Yourself Easy Access: Getting the coverage your policy offers will be much easier if you have easy access to your policy itself. Keep it filed somewhere to which you have quick access or know how to access your policy online.
- Go Digital: If you can submit your claim electronically or fax it in, your insurer will get it much more quickly than if you mail it in, which means you can get your money more quickly, too.
- Read Your Claims Form: Carefully read each line of your claims form and any additional paperwork and gather all of the necessary information. Accurately completing your entire form (review before you send to ensure accuracy) ensures your claim moves through the processes in a timely manner.
- Call Your Agent: Your insurance agent will be able to keep you informed about the claims process and keep an eye on your claim, ensuring it does not get held up anywhere.
One of the best things you can do to help you get your claim paid quickly is work with an insurance agent who can be your ally in the process. To get that kind of great service on your side, contact All Nevada Insurance. Conveniently based out of Las Vegas and serving the surrounding Nevada area, we are here to help you get your money as quickly as possible.
Whip Up This Rib Recipe For Dinner
Ribs are the perfect summer dish and have long been a barbecue classic and American favorite. If you do not have access to a grill (or your grill skills are lacking), you may fear that you have to miss out on this delicious meal. We have good news for you! With this easy summer recipe, you can use your oven to get fall-off-the-bone, lick-your-fingers ribs. To make them, you will need:
- 4 pounds of pork ribs
- ¾ cup of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of hickory smoke salt
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of ground red pepper
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
If your ribs still have their tough membrane on the bony side, peel it off.
Mix the sugar, hickory smoke salt, paprika, garlic powder, and red pepper together to create a rub for the ribs. Rub it on both sides and the edges.
Lay the ribs over two layer of tin foil with the shiny side facing out. Lay two more pieces of foil over the ribs and crimp the edges for a tight seal. Place the ribs on a baking sheet and bake for 2 to 2 and a half hours, until the meat just starts to shrink away from the bone.
Remove from the oven and heat your broiler. Cut the ribs into serving sized portions and arrange them on a broiler pan, bony side up. Brush each rib with sauce and broil for 2 minutes. Flip the ribs, brush the other side, and broil for a couple more minutes. Serve hot, and enjoy!
We hope you love this rib recipe! For all of your insurance needs this summer and throughout the rest of the year, contact All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas.
Business Insurance Basics
Owning a business is much different than simply working for a small business. You completely rely on the success of the business to support yourself and your family. If you suddenly became ill and were no longer able to work, would you know what to do?
Choosing a disability buy-sell plan, which is an agreement between owners of a small business to buy out a co-owner in the event of a permanent illness or disability, can help to make sure that your small business is able to stay afloat. There are various ways to help fund a buy-sell plan, including:
- Payments from current earnings – the cost of a buy-sell plan can be paid in installments after an owner’s disability. For the owners who still remain active, it could mean putting a drain on the business for a few years. The payments that will go to the disabled owner would be dependent on the future performance of the business after the owner’s disability.
- Cash – the owners could accumulate enough cash to buy out the disabled owner. However, keep in mind that coming up with enough cash could take months or years.
- Loans – if the business is able to qualify for a loan after the owner’s disability, borrowing enough money to cover the purchase price will require that any future income of the business will be enough to cover the terms of the loan.
- Insurance – the only way to make sure that your business has the funds needed to complete a sale for a buy-sell plan is to invest in a disability buy out insurance policy.
For all of your business insurance needs, contact All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada. We will work with you to make sure that you have the protection that you deserve, all at the right price.
Salami Mozzarella Calzone
Summer is the perfect time to plan a picnic or spend a day on the boat. While planning for your day, it is important to make sure that you have delicious food to keep you full. Keep this salami mozzarella calzone recipe in mind that you can eat on the go this summer.
You will need:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 13 ounce tube refrigerated pizza dough
- ¼ pound deli sliced salami, cut into thin strips
- ¼ pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1 ½ cups giardiniera, drained
Then you will need to:
- Put a baking sheet upside down in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Beat the lemon zest, parsley, and eggs together into a small bowl. Pour half the egg mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the mozzarella. Reserve the remaining egg mixture for brushing onto the crust.
- Turn another baking sheet upside down, line with parchment paper and brush with olive oil. Unroll the dough onto the parchment paper and pat into a 9 by 12 inch rectangle. Spread the mozzarella mixture over half of the dough, leaving a 1 inch border around the edge. Top with the salami, followed by the giardiniera and then provolone. Fold the other half of the dough over to cover the filling. Crimp and roll the edges together to seal, and then pierce the top of the dough a few times with a knife.
- Slide the calzone, with the parchment paper, onto the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush with the remaining egg mixture, and then continue to bake until the crust is golden, or about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Allow to rest, cut into wedges, and enjoy!
All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada would like to encourage you to try this delicious recipe this summer!
Cruise Packing Tips
Summer means it is time to plan for summer vacation. Heading out on a cruise is a great way to see a different part of the country while still enjoying the open seas. Keep these packing tips in mind to ensure that your summer travels are as enjoyable as possible.
- Attire and accessories – even if you are planning on spending most of your time on the beach or next to the pools, make sure to bring a comfortable pair of sneakers for any excursions. Also remember to pack some formal wear to enjoy the formal dinners offered on the ship.
- Electronics – there are some electronics that you should always include in your suitcase, including an alarm clock, chargers, and tablets. You may also want to consider a pair of walkie talkies since cell phone service is very expensive on the water.
- Paperwork – call your cruise line, or look online to find out exactly what paperwork you will need to bring on the ship. This typically includes a state ID or passport depending on where you are going. You should also bring a copy of your travel insurance policy to ensure that you can take advantage of the coverage if needed.
- First aid kit – bringing your own first aid kit can save you from having to search for the first aid on the ship. Make sure to bring any essential medication that your family members need, as well as antibacterial wipes, Band-Aids, and ear plugs in case you get stuck in a cabin next to a noisy group.
For all of your insurance coverage needs to ensure that you are protected from any incident during your summer vacation, contact the independent insurance professionals at All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Having a fire rip through your house can be one of the most frightening times of your life, even if you are not home at the time. While not every home fire is preventable, knowing how to best protect your home and family can ensure that you stay safe. Keep these fire prevention tips in mind to help to protect your house from the flames.
- Clean your chimney – built up soot can easily cause a fire next time the weather cools down. Hire a professional to clean out your chimney to ensure that it is ready the next time you want to light a cozy fire.
- Install smoke detectors – smoke detectors are the best way to save lives in case of a fire. Smoke detectors should be placed on every floor of your house and inside, or just outside of every bedroom.
- Have an escape plan – you should have an escape plan that includes every member of your family, including small children and pets. Every room in your house should have at least two exists.
- Beware of space heaters – while it may be hard to think of turning on a space heater right now, winter will be here before you know it. Space heaters should be kept at least three feet away from any flammable items.
- Invest in a safe – buy a safe that if fire proof, and keep all of your important and irreplaceable items inside.
- Look for battery operated candles – instead of burning real candles in your house, look for ones that run off of batteries. If you do use real candles in your house, make sure to never leave them unattended.
For all of your home insurance needs to ensure that you have the right amount of protection in case of any peril, contact All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada.