Your marital status has a lot to do with how much you will pay for auto insurance coverage.
Being young and single allows you to fully enjoy life. While enjoying nights out with friends and learning your way through your first job, your 20s can be some of the best years of your life. Unfortunately, your young age will also bring some extra expenses when it comes to your auto insurance coverage.
Single, young drivers typically pay much more for car insurance than people who are married. A recent study showed that a single 20 year old will pay more than 20 percent more than a married 20 year old for the same amount of coverage. The difference in cost is due to the fact that single people are more likely to get into an accident.
Keep in mind that it is not just your marital status that will determine your auto insurance costs. Your age and gender are also some of the most common factors that can dictate how much you will pay for your coverage. Single 20-year-old men will pay, on average, 25 percent more for their car insurance than a married man of the same age. A single 20-year-old woman will typically have premiums that are 28 percent higher than her married counterpart.
Luckily, you can enjoy a drop in your auto insurance costs each year until you turn 60. While the drop may be less than 10 percent every few years, the savings will start to add up. Working with your insurance agent and asking about various discounts will help to keep your auto insurance costs affordable.
Contact All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas for all of your auto insurance need. We will work with you, no matter your age or marital status to ensure that you are able to find the right amount of protection, all at the right price to fit your budget.
There are many benefits of encouraging your teen to get their license as soon as possible.
Watching your teen drive off on their own after getting their license can be one of the scariest moments as a parent. However, it is an important step in growing up. Even if your teen is not interested in getting their driver’s license, as a parent, you should try to encourage them to change their mind. There are many benefits to encouraging your teen to get their license, including:
- Experience will lower car insurance costs – auto insurance companies look at how experienced a driver is when determining their car insurance costs. If your teen starts driving as soon as possible, they will gain much more experience than if they wait, helping to lower their auto insurance rates for the rest of their life.
- It is convenient – learning to drive while still living at home gives your teen a built in teacher. Since they have access to the family car and can rely on you for guidance, learning to drive will be much more convenient. If your child moves out without ever learning how to drive, they will have to find a teacher and vehicle to practice driving on their own time.
- More job opportunities – being able to drive to work will open the door to many more possible jobs. If your teen cannot drive, they will be limited to businesses that are within walking distance or will have to rely on a friend or family member to get them to and from work. Plus, the money that they bring home will help to limit how much money you will have to give them.
When your teen starts driving, having the right auto insurance policy can help to give you the peace of mind that you deserve. Contact All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas for the right policy to cover your teen driver.
The whole family will enjoy this simple and tasty Thanksgiving dessert.
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, you may be starting to think about your holiday menu. While there is no arguing that the turkey is the centerpiece of your table, that does not mean you shouldn’t make sure all of your dishes are as tasty as possible. Keep this sweet holiday recipe in mind that is a twist on an old favorite.
Ginger Streusel Pumpkin Pie
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry sheet
- 3 eggs
- 1 can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup cubed cold butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Transfer the pastry to a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the pastry to ½ inch beyond the edge of the plate and flute the edges.
- Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, sugars, cream, cinnamon, salt, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Pour into the pastry shell and bake for 40 minutes.
- Make the streusel by combining the flour and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Stir in the ginger and walnuts. Gently sprinkle over the filling.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes longer or until a knife that is inserted near the center of the pie comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
All of us at All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas would like to wish you and your family a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!
Enjoy a delicious burger at one of these new, Las Vegas restaurants.
If you think you have been seeing more and more burger joints popping up in the Las Vegas area, you are not imagining things. New fast-casual and quick-serve burger joints have been opening up throughout the area in the last couple of months, helping to meet your craving for a burger at any time.
Habit Burger Grill opened near the Hughes Center in August, Flippin’ Good Burger and Shakes debuted on East Freemont Street, and Shake Shack opened the doors to its second location in Downtown Summerlin earlier this month. Quick-serve burger chains such as Smashburger and White Castle have also made their debut on the Strip earlier in the year.
Many burger chains, such as Shake Shack and Habit decided to open their doors in Las Vegas as a first step in becoming a national brand. A Las Vegas location allows the brands to expose their product to international visitors without ever leaving the states.
Shake Shack, which is based in New York City, opened its doors in New York-New York at the end of 2014 near the new MGM Resorts International park site on the Strip. It is a perfect location for the Shake Shack because the park will lead into the new plaza and $375 million, 20,000 seat arena that is situated behind the New York-New York parking garage, helping the burger joint to attract mostly visitors and tourists. Shake Shack decided on the Las Vegas location to help connect to their other store in Summerlin, which mostly caters to locals in the community.
All of us at All Nevada Insurance would like to encourage you to head out and enjoy all the tasty food that is available at these new burger joints around the city!
Delicious Woopie Pumpkin Pies recipe for Thanksgiving.
Everyone knows that the centerpiece of any Thanksgiving feast is the turkey. However, that does not mean that all other dishes have to be lacking. Keep this sweet holiday recipe in mind to end your Thanksgiving feast on the right note.
Woopie Pumpkin Pies
Ingredients for the cookies:
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
Ingredients for the :
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup canned pure pumpkin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Make the cookies by lining 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Beat the sugar and butter using a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, followed by the buttermilk and vanilla. Whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients in with the wet, mixing until just combined.
- Drop 8 scoops of batter, about 2 tablespoons each, onto each prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 3 inches apart. Bake until the edges are set but the cookies are still soft, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets and transfer to racks to let cool.
- Make the filling by beating the butter and cream cheese in a small bowl with a mixer until smooth. Slowly beat in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Add the cinnamon, pumpkin, and salt and beat until smooth.
- Assemble the woopie pies by spreading a heaping tablespoon full of the filling on the flat side of the cookie, topping with another cookie. Repeat with the remaining cookies, and enjoy!
All of us at All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas would like to encourage you to try this tasty recipe this Thanksgiving!
Use these steps to help you find your next car.
When shopping for a new car, the safety rating should be one of the main factors to help you decide on the right vehicle. No matter if you are buying a brand new vehicle or a certified pre-owned model, taking the right steps can help to make sure that you are able to invest in the safest car that will meet your needs. Keep these tips in mind to help you find the right vehicle.
- Do your research – start your vehicle search online, looking at all the vehicles that you are considering buying and their safety rating and safety features that are available. Narrowing down your search online will make it much easier to pick out a vehicle when you head to the dealership.
- Set a budget – having a budget can help you decide which vehicles are out of your reach. When deciding on your budget, it is also the perfect time to calculate your car insurance costs to make sure that they will fit in with your new car budget.
- Go for a test drive – a test drive is the only way to make sure that the vehicle is comfortable to drive. Don’t be afraid to really hit the gas and test the brakes, as long as you can do so safely. If you have any concerns about how the vehicle drives, you may be better off moving onto a different vehicle to keep your mind at ease.
- Negotiate the price – the price that is on the window of a vehicle is not necessarily the price that you have to pay. Take your time when negotiating and don’t be afraid to take risks. The better you can negotiate, the more you can save on the cost of the car.
To ensure that you and your new vehicle are protected from any incident on the road with the right auto insurance policy, contact All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas.
All college students can benefit from these financial tips.
As the first half of your first semester of college comes to an end, you may be looking at your bank account and wondering where all your money went. College is typically the first time that many teens are on their own, which can mean making their own financial decisions. To help set the groundwork for financial stability for years to come, keep these college financial tips in mind.
- Take your budget seriously – while you may still be able to ask your parents for a few extra dollars if you go over your budget, it is not a good habit to get into. Create a budget, and stick to it. Factoring in money for fun activities in your budget like a night out with your friends can help to make it much easier to stick to your budget.
- Understand credit cards – it can be easy to swipe your credit card for everything you buy. Keep in mind that every penny that you spend on your credit card will have to be paid back, plus more for interest if you keep a balance on your card. You should only use your credit card if you have the money to pay it off in full each month.
- Get a checking account – if you don’t already have a checking account, get one as soon as possible. Most banks have smartphone apps that give you access to your statements instantly. Making a habit of checking your balance a few times a week can help you keep a better understanding of your finances throughout college and life.
Keeping yourself protected with the right insurance policies can help to ensure that you are not left financially devastated from just one accident. Contact All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas for all of your insurance coverage needs.