Highlighting The Importance Of Alertness While On The Road
April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month. You should never, ever text behind the wheel, but if you usually pull out your phone after you pull on your seat belt, April is the perfect time to break the habit.
In Nevada, both using a handheld mobile device and texting while driving are illegal. These are steps in the right direction, but contrary to popular belief, using a headset to take your call while behind the wheel is not actually safer than using a handheld device. 30 studies show that because the call is still distracting, talking hands-free does not mean you are driving risk-free. Avoiding calls altogether is the best policy.
On average, when you look at your phone, whether to read a text or make a call, you take your eyes away from the road for five seconds. If you are driving at 55 mph that means that you cover the length of a football field while your eyes are averted. In other words, if something happens in the hundred+ yards in front of your vehicle you will not be able to respond. Put an end to distracted driving in your own life to keep yourself safe!
If you are tempted by your phone while behind the wheel, put it on silent and stow it in your glove box. Learn this habit now, and encourage your friends and family to do the same. Together, we can save thousands of lives this year.
Did you know that a record of safe driving can help bring your auto insurance premiums down? Putting away your phone while driving can put more money in your wallet. To work with a team of agents who will help you take advantage of every discount available to you, contact All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas. We are here to meet all of your Nevada auto insurance coverage needs.
Free Event At Centennial Hills Park
Easter is a great time gather the family together for a sunny weekend of community and fun. Who wants to go to all of the trouble (not to mention mess) of dying dozens of eggs at home, only to have your egg hunt end in 15 minutes, though? Fortunately, there is a happy medium that allows you to celebrate the day without adding more prep work to your already busy calendar. Local events enable you to have a great time with your family without the work.
To celebrate the day with your family and friends, gather everyone up and head to The Christian Hope Project’s Easter Festival. This event is free for the whole family, and will run from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Centennial Hills Park (7101 N. Buffalo Drive) on Saturday, April 4th. It is the largest Easter egg hunt in Las Vegas, with tens of thousands of eggs to be found! Just be sure to BYOB (bring your own basket).
Children 0-5 years old will be invited to hunt at 11:30 a.m. The hunt for kids 6-9 will begin at 12:30 p.m. The oldest age bracket, 10-12 years old, will kick off at 1:30 a.m. When your child is not on the prowl for eggs, he or she can enjoy other kid-friendly games at the festival or head to the bounce house!
While the kids hunt, there will be fun for the adults too. Do not miss out on the free raffle and great live music. There will also be hamburgers, hot dogs, popcorn, and snow cones for sale, so come hungry!
Do you have the insurance coverage you need to enjoy this holiday with your family stress-free? For full Nevada coverage at the most competitive price, contact All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas. We have the right insurance solution for your family.
Is Your Boat Ready For A Season On The Water?
The warmer weather is fast approaching, and there is no better time than now to prepare your boat to get out on the water. Rather than waiting until you will have to break a serious sweat to get your boat water-worthy, why not start getting ready now so it will be ready to head straight to the lake once it gets truly hot? To help you prepare your boat, consider these steps.
- De-Winterize: After months of sitting unused, odds are high the fuel in your tank has broken down and some parts of your boat are experiencing corrosion. Schedule a tune-up with a certified engine technician now, as their schedules can get full closer to summer.
- Water Pump: The rubber impellers your boat’s water pump uses to maintain the proper engine temperature need to be replaced every 200 hours or 2 years. You can check that yours are still going strong by making sure water is still circulating as it should through your motor. While you are at it, test that the thermostats that ensure your engine has the right temperature of water are reading accurately.
- Fluids & Filters: Check your oil reservoir and your gear oil. Replace your fuel filters once a year or every 100 miles. The start of each season is a great time to replace this filter each year, so you will not forget allowing ethanol, which acts as a solvent, to build up in your engine.
Does your boat have the insurance coverage it needs so you can enjoy your time out on the water with your biggest concern being when to reapply sunscreen? For all of your Nevada boat insurance needs, contact the experts at All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas. We are here to ensure you are financially safeguarded, no matter how the wind and waves may buffet you.
Determining The Best Person To Meet Your Needs
Whether you are just trying to get the legally required amount of auto insurance or are looking for homeowners insurance to cover every facet of your home, determining the right insurance policy can be a bit confusing. You do not want to be left with a gap in coverage, but you also do not want to pay for coverage you do not need. Fortunately, an insurance expert can help you find the right level of coverage for the right price. Here are a few ways an independent insurance agent can serve you.
- More Options: When you go straight to a major insurance provider to get coverage, you only see the policies they offer. When you shop comparison sites online, however, you get less information about the offered policies. An independent agent can see every policy available from every provider, and will show you those that will meet your specific needs.
- Better Prices: Similarly, because an independent agent can see all the available policies, he or she is able to shop quotes and show you which policies will maximize your savings. Also, because the agent has industry experience he or she will be able to point out every discount available to you.
- An Ally: Your independent agent is there to help you understand your coverage and tackle any issues as they arise. Do not be left confused when filing a claim or paying for something you thought your insurance would cover. An independent insurance agent will serve as your advocate and ally.
To work with a dedicated team of independent insurance agents, contact the insurance professionals at All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada. We are committed to getting you the best policy at the best price. Do not be left navigating the world of insurance coverage blindly; call us today for the expert guidance you deserve!
Use These Guidelines To Protect Your Motorcycle
Some of the beauties of owning a motorcycle are its lightweight build making it possible to zip around traffic, compact size making it easy to store, and open design enabling you to feel the fresh air around you. Unfortunately, all of those factors also make it easier for thieves to nab your bike. To protect your motorcycle, use these theft prevention tips:
- Know Your Risk: Only half as many stolen motorcycles are returned to their owners as stolen cars, so it is important to know when a thief is most likely to try to make off with your bike. Summer months (July through September) are statistically the most popular time for motorcycle thieves to be active. Be especially diligent during this season.
- Park Smart: Use the small size of your bike to defeat thieves. When you park in a parking garage, find a large vehicle or pillar to tuck your bike behind to conceal it. Similarly, when you park on the street look for large objects to hide your bike behind.
- Lock It Down: When you leave your bike, do everything you can to safeguard it. Lock your ignition, your disc brakes, and your forks. Additionally, lock your bike to a firmly rooted, immovable object and wrap your locks tightly. This will make it hard for thieves to worm their way in to cut your locks. Utilizing these protections will make thieves think twice before even attempting to steal your motorcycle.
Should a tricky thief circumvent your safeguards and make off with your bike, do you have the motorcycle insurance you need to replace it? Do not be left unprotected; contact the insurance professionals at All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada. Get the coverage your bike deserves with the right policy at the right price.
Protect Your Condo By Making These Important Inquiries
Living in a condo blends all of the beauties of owning the roof over your head and building equity in your real estate investment with the decreased maintenance concerns of knowing someone else will care for your property. Sometimes, though, that blend can lead to confusion, especially when it comes to condo insurance. To ensure you do not have a gap in coverage, ask these insurance questions.
- What Kind Of Coverage Does The Master Policy Offer? When you purchase a condo, you join that building’s homeowners association (HOA). The HOA carries an insurance policy, called a master policy that protects the building and grounds. Ask whether your master policy just covers the exterior of your building and common areas, or if it protects your fixtures, walls, floors, or more.
- How Will I Be Reimbursed For Lost Possessions? Your master policy will not include coverage for your personal possessions, so it is important to secure your own policy to protect your belongings. When you do, consider whether replacement cost coverage—which will reimburse you for the full cost of your lost possessions—or cash value—which will factor depreciation into your reimbursement—would be best.
- What Events Are Covered? If you live in an area with high seismic activity or on a flood plain, you will want to make sure you secure coverage that will protect you in those situations. Ask your insurance agent what you need to do to cover yourself from your local risks.
Does your condo have the policy it needs to be protected? Contact the insurance professionals at All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada for all of your condo insurance needs. We are here to help you get the best policy so you can have the protection you deserve.
Three Protections This Type Of Coverage Will Offer You
When you move into your rental property, you get to enjoy the variety of benefits that having a landlord brings. Whether that means not having to fix your own garbage disposal, not needing to deal directly with the loud neighbor, or not having to carry insurance coverage for your building, being a renter can make life easier. Just because you have a landlord that does not mean you do not need your own insurance policy, though. Here are a few reasons it is important to have renters insurance.
- Protecting Your Stuff: If a fire sweeps through your building, your landlord’s insurance will pay to rebuild, but it will not cover replacing your personal belongings. Have you thought about the value of all of the possessions you have in your rental unit? If you are not in a position to pay out of pocket to replace them, fear not. Renters insurance can cover this need should it arise.
- Protecting Your Liability: When you welcome a guest into your rental, you also welcome risk. If your guest slips and gets injured, you would like to think he or she will be understanding. There is always the chance, though, that the injury could lead to a legal battle. Renters insurance can help cover this expense.
- Protecting Your Wallet: Do not leave yourself exposed to the financial burden of any of the above situations. An affordable renters insurance (they usually cost around $20 a month!) can offer you the safeguard your hard earned money deserves.
Would an insurance expert helping you discern how much coverage to carry be helpful? Contact the insurance professionals at All Nevada Insurance in Henderson, Nevada to get the knowledge you need to know you are buying the best policy. We are here to help you get the right renters insurance for your needs. Call us today!