Get ready for spring with this healthy and satisfying salad.
Now that the warm weather is right around the corner, many are prepping their patio furniture and lifting those weights to ready their beach bodies. Fortunately, you don’t have to starve yourself or perpetually eat tasteless meals all spring and summer.
Try this wheat-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan-friendly, healthy recipe! It’s packed with superfoods, vitamins, and complimentary pairings to ensure your taste buds are completely satisfied!
Quinoa salad with black beans and avocado:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sweetcorn
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside and let cool.
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add corn, avocado, tomatoes and black beans to quinoa.
- Gently stir in lime juice mixture.
- For best results, refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.
From the insurance experts at All Nevada Insurance, we hope that you enjoyed this taste-of-spring recipe! For all of your insurance needs, contact us today!