The month of February is American Heart Awareness Month – Improve your heart health today!
It is known that heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. Every year, 1 in 4 deaths is caused by this condition. The good news is that heart disease can often be prevented when people make healthy choices and manage their health conditions.
Communities, health professionals, and families can work together to create opportunities for people to make healthier choices and better their lifestyles.
Time To Improve Your Health
Nationally, this month is dedicated to raising awareness about heart disease and the ways in which people can prevent it, both at home and in the community. Families, teachers, and doctors are all encouraged to promote better health choices to influence heart health, and here are just a few:
Eat your way to better health:
- Choose foods low in saturated fat, trans fat, and sodium. Use seasonings instead of salt.
- Reduce your consumption of red meat.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds.
- Go vegetarian or cut back on meat a few times a week.
- Cut out all sugary beverages.
- Exercise at least half an hour each day
- Squeeze in cardio-intense workouts (jogging, running) and muscle-strengthening activities!
During this month, take the initiative to improve your health and heart while spreading awareness to those around you! In addition, secure your life insurance to protect yourself and your loved ones when you’re no longer able to do so.
Contact All Nevada Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada for all of your insurance needs!