Riding a motorcycle allows for more freedom than driving down the road in an enclosed car. It allows you to experience the beauty of the landscape, while still getting to your intended destination. While enjoying your motorcycle this summer, make sure to keep these safety tips in mind.
- Dress to impress. Wearing the right safety gear can help save your life if you are involved in an accident while riding your motorcycle. Make sure to wear a helmet that is approved by the Department of Transportation, gloves, closed toed boots, and thick pants.
- Know your limits. Be smart when driving your motorcycle and do not drive in any conditions that require a higher skill level.
- Watch the weather. Two wheels on a motorcycle are not as stable as the four wheels on a car. Check the weather before heading out to make sure they are not too bad to ride in.
- Take care of your bike. Check the oil and tires before going out for a long ride to ensure your bike is running its best.
- Never use the front break first. Always use the back break first, and only utilize the font break in an emergency situation. Using the front break at a high speed can easily cause you to fly over the handlebars.
- Look where you want to go. Your bike will follow where you are looking. Make sure to always look ahead where you want to go to avoid an accident.
Most importantly, make sure you have the right motorcycle insurance to protect you and your bike in any situation. Contact All Nevada Insurance for all of your insurance coverage needs in Las Vegas and surrounding areas. We have been in business for over 70 years and strive to provide the most comprehensive insurance plans to all of our clients to best fit their lifestyle, all at the right price.