Las Vegas is well known for its high auto insurance rates. While not all of Nevada has high rates, Las Vegas is usually ranked as the in the top 25 highest priced areas. There are many factors that lead to the high prices of auto insurance in the city, including:
- Vehicle values and repair costs. The cost for labor and parts to repair a vehicle has risen with the inflation of the economy, which makes them much more expensive to repair.
- Fixed insurer expenses. All insurance companies have set operating expenses, including utilities, payroll, and office expenses. They cover these rising costs by raising insurance rates.
- Regional claim results. Rates for insurance policies increase regionally based on the overall amount of claims in the area, so the more accidents there are in an area, the higher the rates.
- Changes in rating factors. There are many factors that will affect the cost of your rates, including your credit score and educational factors. While these factors change, so does your insurance rate.
- Medical bills. Injury claims are usually the most expensive aspect of an accident, and the amount it costs to settle them each year dramatically increases.
- If you start driving more miles. The more miles you drive, the more likely you are to be involved in an accident, which raises the amount of your auto insurance.
- You turn 50. While you may think that turning 50 means that you are a more experienced driver so your insurance rates would be lower, the opposite is true. The older your get, the more likely you are to get into an accident, raising your insurance rates.
For all of your auto insurance coverage needs in the Las Vegas area, contact All Nevada Insurance. We have over 70 years insurance experience, and strive to provide our customers with the best insurance protection.